I loved this idea of documenting a week in our life, but the reality is where do you find the time. I have seen this done a couple of places ( here, here, and here are some creative examples). So far this is all I could muster up.
We always seem to run 15 min. late no matter what time we wake up in the morning. Chad packed the diaper bag and made the kids breakfast while I spent (too long according to him) getting ready. The kids were great during Sacrament meeting. It was the Primary program today so that helped to hold their attention. Finley loved nursery and when we asked her what she learned about she said, "JesusGod (yes, like it's one word), and itsy spider".
Steve brought his son Jakob (who is 5) and Jakob asked (more like stated), "When I grow up I'm gonna marry Finley." Callie (Jakob's mom) told me the next day that Jakob had talked to her about marrying Finley to which she replied, "That's great Jakob but when you get older you're going to have to ask Finley." He said, "Well can't I just ask her mom?" (Hope they don't mind me sharing this... I just thought it was so cute, and it is her first proposal and all.)
After they left we enjoyed naps and a Lazy Sunday Afternoon.
(*note Chad made lunch, dino buddies and blue corn chips)
Before dinner we took the kids on a walk around our Neighborhood. I twisted my ankle falling off the curb while taking pictures. Finley face-planted when she tripped on the sidewalk while running down the hill in spite of our warnings to "slow down on the hills." Neither of us learn. We live in such a great place though. You can't beat the colors that surround us this time of year, so vibrant.
Puerto Rican Dinner: Rice with Vienna Sausage and Garbanzos
I went to Puerto Rico when I was younger and my great-aunt Gloria taught me to cook rice. She told me that she and my great-grandmother would rinse the rice with warm water and then save the rice water and use it to wash their faces with. She swears it makes her skin softer. Another rice cooking tip is to cook rice in a cast aluminum pot like this buen provecho!
Right before we sat down to eat Tuck crawled over to Chad choking AGAIN! He had 1/2 swallowed a large piece of pumpkin stalk he had ripped off one of the pumpkins. At least he knew to crawl to one of us for help. This kids curiosity is driving me CRAZY!
I went to Puerto Rico when I was younger and my great-aunt Gloria taught me to cook rice. She told me that she and my great-grandmother would rinse the rice with warm water and then save the rice water and use it to wash their faces with. She swears it makes her skin softer. Another rice cooking tip is to cook rice in a cast aluminum pot like this buen provecho!
Right before we sat down to eat Tuck crawled over to Chad choking AGAIN! He had 1/2 swallowed a large piece of pumpkin stalk he had ripped off one of the pumpkins. At least he knew to crawl to one of us for help. This kids curiosity is driving me CRAZY!
I don't have any sasson.)
Sunday night tradition the easy way
Finley still rocks her crooked, squinty-eyed smile every now and again. She calls cookies, "cookie-cutters", and couldn't wait to eat her cookie-cutters and watch the Lion King in the tent downstairs with her dad.

Bedtime routine and a quiet night... sort of:
The kids went down at 8:00pm, but at 9:30pm they were still up laughing hysterically. Chad went up to put Finley back in her bed. When he opened the door to the nursery Finley jumped off the side of Tucks crib and made a B-line to her own bed. She hopped in the wrong way and buried her face in the blankets and pretended to be asleep. Who teaches her these things?
Tuck woke up at 11:20pm and again at 3:16am.
What am I going to do with him!?
Finley still rocks her crooked, squinty-eyed smile every now and again. She calls cookies, "cookie-cutters", and couldn't wait to eat her cookie-cutters and watch the Lion King in the tent downstairs with her dad.
Bedtime routine and a quiet night... sort of:
The kids went down at 8:00pm, but at 9:30pm they were still up laughing hysterically. Chad went up to put Finley back in her bed. When he opened the door to the nursery Finley jumped off the side of Tucks crib and made a B-line to her own bed. She hopped in the wrong way and buried her face in the blankets and pretended to be asleep. Who teaches her these things?
Tuck woke up at 11:20pm and again at 3:16am.
What am I going to do with him!?

6 comments:
Phew...that's a busy day!
Are you kidding me right now with those leaves? Troy almost booked a flight after seeing those pics! Amazing! I would take your christmas picture right under those trees!
Such a cute idea...you may be seeing it on my blog one of these days! You have such a cute family!
Those trees are beautiful! I love how vibrant they are!
Those pictures are great. You are one busy Mama. I love all the pictures of the beautiful Fall trees. How nice is that. I think I might just give that a try. I am sure I would bore people to death.
Woweeh!! I feel the exhaustion setting in just looking at the pictures. I love it. It is gorgeous up there!! How do you put the pictures together like that? Good job on the puerto rican feast. I am going to have to try making that sometime.
Love Ya
Ashes
I love your photos. I want a better camera, oh, and a better photographer to go with it. Such a fun day.
Post a Comment