Sunday, October 12, 2008

note to self

Note to self: Cut Finley's mullet.

I have been avoiding the unavoidable for weeks now. The truth is... Mullets really don't look cute on little girls. I have gone through emotional turmoil over cutting her golden locks. Last night I finally did it. I pulled her hair(s) back into a pony tail and then with one swift snip they were gone. Chad couldn't believe I did it so abruptly. To me it was like ripping off a band aide; the quicker the better. She looks so different now. It makes me sad that I had to do it.

Not looking to sad in this photo, because it was pre-hair cut.

Fin snapped the bottom shot. I should have her take more. She is a flattering photographer.



Note to self: Never multi-task while making caramel apples.

We had friends over last week to makes some treats. I was trying to make Tucks lunch and feed him while preparing a pot of caramel for the girls. I am not a multi-tasker. I ended up burning the caramel. The caramel apples were as hard as a rock. We've got to try this again Amanda. I swear I can make a successful batch!

5 comments:

The Cannonballs said...

now we need a picture of Finley's new hair cut...if you're not too sad.

Carrie said...

Hey! So where's the post hair cut picture? Those carmel apples look yummy. Even if they were hard as rocks. :)

Mandy said...

We had a lot of fun playing at your house. I'm totally up for making more caramel apples just let us know!!

Bec said...

You look like a carbon copy of your mom in these pictures. It's the eyes. It's almost scary.

Devo said...

Mullets are the greatest. I am sure you did a great job on her new doo but mullet discrimination needs to be reversed. I was crushed when Stacie shot down my desire to cut my shag into a mullet, I had to settle for the fohawk.