Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The happenings

Potty training is a hot topic around here. We've had some great successes, and some setbacks. I'd say we are about 95% house trained. We haven't ventured out into the real world yet, away from the convenience of the potty chair and in "princess panties."

The things she comes up with... She thinks that reading material is mandatory during potty time and ask for a book if she has forgotten to bring one in with her. Once she is on the potty she tells me,"Go mom, close the door, go see Tucker, Bye mom bye." Say What! Why in the word does a 2-year old need her privacy?! She's very independent and always has been.

Tuck has been busy, too. His new favorite past time is eating... let's be honest, he's always been quite fond of eating but now we're adding flavor. He has tried so many new foods and loves them all! I've been trying to make all of his purees... not because I'm supermom, but because it's so much cheaper and it tastes better. Some of his favorites are: steamed carrots, apple & pear with cinnamon, sweet potato & broccoli, and banana & avocado. I found some great baby food recipes in this book. We don't call him Tuck the Tank for nothin'.

He has also been sitting (when not being toppled over by his sister), rolling under the bed, crib, dresser, couch, table, pack'n'play. About every 15 min or so I have to rescue him from some predicament.

Not a day goes by without hearing the comment, "He is such a happy little guy isn't he!" He sure is one fat, handsome, happy little guy.

No comments: