Wishing this weren't true, I will admit that perhaps there has been a time or 2 that I have tried to manufacture a picture-perfect holiday. The 4th of July this year was one of those attempts.
I heard about this darling little parade in the quaint coastal town of Cannon Beach. After the parade we could spend the Sun Filled Day exploring the tide pools and watching Fin run wild. We'd grab some smoked BBQ later that night and watch the fireworks out over the Ocean. Sounds perfect, right! Well, we got a really late start that morning. Even though I had packed the car up the night before, we couldn't seem to drag ourselves out of the house until 10:30am.
The parade started at 11 o'clock and was an hour 1/2 away. We had no hope of making it in time but I was determined to celebrate at the coast. We hadn't been driving more than 5 minutes on the freeway when Fin starts throwing up repeatedly (who knew she gets carsick!?!). I'm screaming at Chad to pull over and for a brief moment thought this is it, the trip's canceled.
Needless to say we headed home, threw the car seat in the wash, made sure the little one was OK and then headed out to the coast for a second time. It was freezing and rainy once we finally got there. Everyone was bundled in coats, but we still loved it! We loved playing in the sand hiking up to the look out point (in hurricane winds), diffusing toddler meltdowns, chowing down on cheap pizza and stocking up on saltwater taffy.
Finley is still petrified of fireworks
Someone should have warned us that we were just fueling the beast. We left shortly after she threw Chad's hat into the lap of the guy behind us while simultaneously slapping his glasses off into the lap of the lady in front of us. The real rodeo that night took place on bleacher C seats 1, 2, & 3.




1 comment:
I would comment on the post, but the pictures are just too amazing! I can't get over it! Fantastic colors!
Post a Comment