Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Swaddle Me


My sister let me borrow this ridiculously wonderful swaddling blanket. I love it so much that I will never be giving it back. Sorry. Both of our children have loved to be swaddled. My family doesn't quite agree with this technique. They think babies should sleep free and don't like to see me pinning my child's arms to their bodies while they sleep. My brother jokes, "Are you training them to become River Dancers when they grow up!?!" All I can say is, I've found a good thing and I'm not willing to let go. The problem is they grow out of it so quickly. My baby is just 4 months old, and I am afraid the swaddle is in its last days.


8 comments:

Roney Family said...

He sure looks adorable. Babies love to be swaddled.

Jessica said...

Sienna loved it too...and we maxed it out as long as we could too! I don't remember doing it as much with Wesley, but he was so mellow compared to Sienna we didn't need to. Anyway, super cute pics as usual!

ali said...

I got a good chuckle out of the riverdance comment.

I say do whatever works when it comes to sleep! Lucy loves sleeping on her tummy, against all medical advice. I am considering strapping her into her carseat on her tummy. what do you think about that?

Steph said...

I need to get me one of those blankets for my one on the way!! He looks so sweet. I am glad he is doing well after his surgery!
Steph

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

All three of my kids loved to be swaddled. I think we were still trying to swaddle Lucas when he was like 10 months old or something crazy like that!

Amy Gelwix said...

Have you heard of the Swaddler by Kiddopotamus? They are sold in two sizes, large and small. I just upgraded Jane to large, and if I have my way she'll wear it until she's 3. Just kidding, but the only times Jane has not slept at least eight hours is when it was dirty and she wasn't wearing it. Her hands jerk and wake her up, and I love how well she sleeps in it. My mom does think it's a little restraining though, she's always asks how long I am going to keep her in it!

brooklyn said...

i think swaddling is sooo healthy (although only one of mine would have it). and if they become riverdancers--even better! (so funny!)

i LOVE all of the pictures on your blog. you're so talented. i wish you lived close and were for hire...