Monday, April 14, 2008

surgery

tucker had surgery last week. he developed a hernia shortly after he was born. we waited until he was 4 months old to have it fixed because there would be less problems with anesthesia. everything went very well during the 2 hour surgery and he is recovering nicely. it's always awful to send your baby into surgery. we greatly appreciated the thoughtful acts of service we received while tucker recuperated.

6 comments:

ali said...

i'm a sucky friend. i completely forgot to ask how that went.

i am glad to hear he is alive and well. by the way, i love his arm rolls. so cute.

ali said...

wow. i just noticed you set the table for dinner. impressive. i am still working on MAKING dinner.

Katie said...

oh I am a the worst friend sorry Amy, I have been really bad lately I am glad Tuker is doing well and how sad it is too see our little ones have anything go wrong with them. Can't wait to see you when are you coming again?

Amy Gelwix said...

I didn't know they made hospital gowns that small! Glad that went well, I can imagine it was difficult, but it looks like he is back to being a happy boy!

Roney Family said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I am sure it was more rough on the parents then the baby. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Mandy said...

I feel badly I didnt even know he was having surgery. We need to talk more! Glad everything went well ;)