Yesterday I realized that I have been neglecting my 2nd child. I nurse him, change him, cuddle him, you know the basics- but when I thought about it, I haven't attempted to teach him to sit up on his own or even offered him a toy. Poor little guy has just been looking at toys from afar with nothing but his own jammies to play with. Get with the program lady! After he was born I created a daily routine and put myself on auto pilot to survive. Sometimes I think I forgot to turn the auto pilot off. Looking @ pictures of Fin, I was reminded that she was sitting in a stroller and playing with all sorts of toys when she was 4 months old. Boy do I feel bad. Good news is I'm not in a competition for the mother of the year. So I said to myself, Start Fresh, and what happened...
Yesterday I witnessed "The Happiest Moment" of his young life. I sat him up in bed and handed him a toy. With eyes as wide as silver dollars he clutched onto that baby rattle and kicked his chubby legs to his heart's content. I have never seen him so excited. I love that my kiddos are so completely forgiving. They constantly remind me that, -It really is all about the little things in life.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Neglected
Posted by
Amy
at
4/03/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
negligence? please. the fact that your daily "tucker" routine included cuddle him and change him tells me that you are no where near as negligent as me!
But I am glad he's taking to the extra attention well.
Amy, I agree. Sounds like you're doing more mommy time than most of us. We just have to learn to cherish the moments that we do have, because like you said, our kids are so forgiving of the time that we don't have. I love peeking in on you!
Oh I Love it... Ok you all know this but being a mother is the hardest job! and I am saying that with one kid. I admire you Amy, and I love the honesty. However by the looks of it your doing a great job. What a cute little boy can't wait to meet him. When will you be in town? I can't wait!!!!
He is adorable! I am sure by the smile on his face he is not being neglected! It looks like you guys had a great Easter with your family and Chads Family! What a fun trip!
Steph
neglected?? Hardly. So cute! He is becoming such a cutie. I dont think Finley and him look so much alike anymore.
That is a great looking kid there!
you crack me up! believe me i understand. when they are so close in age- somehow the older seems to get the attention and the younger rolls with it- so it goes! hopefully he will be an easier going kid b/c of it! camiron was until she hit one- and now all the abuse she received from braden she is giving back ten fold. good luck :) i know you are doing so great as a mom. i promise it gets easier when tucker hits one year. too bad we are so far apart, i think braden and finley would have a great time together! (trouble!! )
How adorable!!! Please girlfriend, don't even think that is neglecting, you should see how far behind Peyton is. She is number Four and is not even potty trained yet. I think that just comes with the Birth order. And it is okay. I love the talk yesterday from M. Russell Ballard. We young mother's have so many things that we have over our heads to accomplish. I am trying so hard in life to just sit back and enjoy the moments and stop scheduling so many things. When I became pregnant with number five, I cut all extra activities from the kids because it was making me tired and unhappy. We woman just need to find our balance. You are right, there isn't a mother of the year award, but having children that love there mother's and are grateful for all the effort they put forth is all worth it in the end. You are awesome and doing an amazing job. Those two tots are adorable!!!! Keep it up my friend!
Post a Comment