Finally we found a car that we both agree on. Well sort of... the Toyota Land Cruiser. While dating we shared a trusty I mean rusty Volkswagen Fox. It turned off when you turned corners, three of the doors didn't work, no AC, smelled of gym socks and Crown Burger.... But for $500 what do you expect. Being poor and newly married we started life together with a 1989 Ford Probe. Ah the Probe, another steal of a deal. Things were running smooth in our "new sports car" until the drivers side window broke during the rainy season. Unfortunatly it was rolled down when it broke and we were to poor to have it fixed. So for the next 5 months I drove to work with an umbrella an overcoat and a blow dryer. Our next great buy was a 1997 Honda Accord. Movin' on up!.. With the drivers side window broke once again (thankfully in the up position this time) our champagne sedan has safely driven our two babies home from the hospital, made countless road tips, and hauled more gear then it was intended to carry. This weekend it suffered its most devastating casualty when I busted off the radio knob while loading a crib, desk, bookcase and accessories from IKEA. Will we ever own a quirk-free car? We have decided that it might be time to become a two car household and own a car we can all (including the dog) fit into. This is what we've narrowed it down to.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Can it be done?
Posted by
Amy
at
4/24/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I feel your pain! Ah the saga of cars we all must experience. Tough decision. Land cruisers are pretty awesome, although that older one looks like it might have seen better days and the tires are looking pretty wimpy. Im all for the 92. How many miles does it have? I love my Toyota truck. 210,000 miles and still chuggin.
I love land cruisers good luck I would go with the gigger, newer & most reliable..
bigger was what I was getting to but I think I like the new word "gigger" might be too close to another slang word oh well sorry
According to Mikael you should get the '92 Toyota made huge improvement between the '88 and '92besides its newer and seats 7! Good Luck car hunting ;)
i love them all! They suit your new outdoorsy, Portland location well. Plus, you could pick us up from the airport and we could all drive back to your place together!
Amen sista!
i remember when we first moved to aliso--kicking and screaming--i was so dreading it's lack of character in it's perfectly manicured, white sterility. chad helped us move in and i was so relieved and impressed that you guys were keepin it real. ha ha!
congratulations on your new car!
Post a Comment