We all know that I love me some Friends and have a bank of episodes in memory to which I refer often just for conversational purposes, more to come on that later... Now Tucker is getting a little better at sleeping for which we are grateful BUT he still has got a set of lungs on him when he starts crying. You should see and hear him when he switches from just crying to full on purple face, back bends. For about 30 seconds you're actually impressed... it's like he's got a Bose sound system inside him. However, very quickly you realize there's no stopping this for a while and there's nowhere to hide. Tonight, Amy left me alone with him while she ran some errands. He was well fed and sleeping when she left but within minutes of her departure he woke up and quickly went from opening his eyes to annoy-the-neighbors type screaming. I thought, "I'll try the Binky." Oh boy, bad idea, all you've done is anger him. Finally after about thrity minutes of my ears bleeding he fell asleep (although maybe he passed out, I'm not sure which, he was wrapped pretty tight). When the quiet settled in and I was able to collect my thoughts I immediately remembered an episode of Friends to which I'm sure many of you can relate. I hope you enjoy (I apologize for the 5 minute + video, my rule of thumb is 2 minutes or less but this is all I could find)...
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Have I Gone Deaf?
Posted by
Chad
at
2/05/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That post was "laugh out loud hilarious"!!:) We love Friends, too, and having a baby, you totally relate more to that episode! Love it!:)
I love the part at the end when Monica finally calms the baby down and she says "I have actual magic powers!" That's what it feels like when you finally get them to stop, eh?
you and amy are sure doing a GREAT job prepping us for #2. Please excuse me while I go check my blood pressure. the sound of babies crying does a number on my stress levels!
oh cannons, hang in there. the crying eventually stops...when they pass out, but you already know that. R often found me hiding in my closet trying to escape the screeching! just tell yourself he's developing his lungs. watch out pavoratti. it does get better. desperate phone calls to husbands are normal. i would threaten to put our children on ebay if he didn't get home from work on time. just make sure to make time to take care of you through all the craziness. easier said than done. hot bath, solo trip to the grocery store, going to the gym, dog walk, whatever floats your boat. make sure to recharge your batteries. good luck!
i think amy and i might be cut from the same cloth. baking is my sanity, my escape. i too have a romance with my mixer. it's my afternoon saving grace...plus it's a great activity to distract the midgets. betty crocker must have had a lot of kids.
Very funny post. Tracy still leaves me alone with the kids two nights a week. I face each night with a mixed feeling of excitement and dread. Excitment at spending time with my kids who love me and are so fun to play with, dread at spending time with my kids who hate me and won't stop crying. It makes for good stories like the one you wrote though. I had a good laugh.
Post a Comment