Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Persepolis

Every now and again I'm in the mood for a crazy foreign film. I just saw this clip of Persepolis and it looks great. I think that the animation is so simple and wonderful it's visually captivating. I've only heard a few things about this film, but its one I am anxious to check out. I LOVE Movies! It's been difficult since having children to get out to see all of the new releases. And it may be a while before I actually see this one. I also can't wait to see JUNO. I've heard great reviews. My sister-in-law gave us a subscription to Netflix for Christmas, which we've really been enjoying. Especially now during the writers strike. What a great gift by the way thanks Chelsea. Now we can finally start to catch up on all of the movies we've missed the last couple of years. Let me know if you have great recommendations.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like something James and I would enjoy. I checked it out on rottentomatoes.com and it has recieved excellent reviews. I also discovered that Persepolis is the name of an ancient Persian city (I'm sure you all knew that already, but my history was never that great).

ali said...

so weird to think that just yesterday we were meeting up every weekend in Aliso to see the lastest box office hit. now i don't even hear about new movies. I don't even know what JUNO is. sad.

well. at least I can remember the good ole days like the time we saw Legally Blonde II Red, White and Blue per my request. Last time I make a suggestion!

Amy said...

Oh Ali, I have to laugh! What a classic memory.

James said...

Tracy and I saw Juno. It was great. I laughed the whole way through. The characters are excellent the the dialogue is brilliant. It is a must see.