Thursday, January 24, 2008

6 week check up


Well yesterday I got the all clear from the doctor to begin exercising. It was perfect timing because I had just polished off the last piece of the peppermint ice cream pie which I washed down with a glass of chocolate milk. Boy its been nice not having to watch what I eat. But from the looks of things (things being my reflection) I realize it's time to change my ways. I just ordered a new mixer from Kitchen Aid (I wasn't crazy about the lift bowl mixer I had. I much prefer the tilt head mixer) and am waiting for it to be shipped. I told Chad that I didn't know if I could go for a week without a new batch of cookies. He said it might do us both some good. (Hum...subtle hint noted)

Peppermint Ice Cream pie
This is one of my favorite winter time desserts. It's super simple.
I've already made it 2x since Christmas.

prep time 5 min.
serves 8-10
must freeze 1 1/2 hours

1 pint of your favorite kind of peppermint ice cream (mint chip is yummy too!)
1 Oreo cookie pie crust
1 container cool whip
1 jar of Mr. Richardson Hot Fudge (no substitutes)
Crushed candy canes or chocolate shavings to garnish. If using mint chip ice cream garnish pie with crushed Oreos.

Soften ice cream in the microwave 15 seconds. Fill pie crust 1/2 way with ice cream. Cover ice cream with a layer of warm hot fudge. Top pie with a thick layer of cool whip. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane or shavings. Cover pie with plastic lid and freeze at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.

Remember this is no diet pie!

2 comments:

ali said...

cleared for "exercise"...is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Tyler said...

At first I thought Chad posted this. Has the Dr cleared him yet for exercise?