Sunday, November 18, 2007

We made it to Nursery!!!

For months Chad and I have been anxiously awaiting the Third Sunday in November and today it finally arrived. Finley is old enough now to go into nursery and we were able to enjoy 2 kid-free hours of spiritual enlightenment. I leaned over to Chad in Sunday School class and said, "I feel like we are out on a date." Not a particularly fun date but a Finley break nonetheless. I have to admit I did get a little fidgety sitting through an uninterrupted 40 minute lesson. And Chad left class 5 min. early so he could go and peek at Finley through the spy hole in the nursery door. Other then that we did great!

I realized today how much I've missed quiet time at church. I'm used to running the halls, pulling her kicking and screaming away from the drinking fountain, stopping her from knocking on any closed doors and obstructing her view of the stairs (which if she sees she must climb). And as a last resort, sorry to admit, leaving church a 1/2 hour or more early to take my hysterical toddler home to bed. Hopefully we have at least 3 more weeks to enjoy this newly appreciated 2 hours of peace before Jr. arrives, and then it's back to the beginning again.

Finley getting ready for church. She didn't want to put her bloomers on right.
She thought she was so funny!

After 45 min. and a lot of chasing her around the house
we were finally dressed and ready to go.

With only one newly bruised cheek, one pony tail still in tact, a big smile, and art work in hand
I would say that nursery was a big hit for everyone!!!!

5 comments:

Abi said...

I totally announced in Relief Society during the "GOOD NEWS MINUTE" that " it is Kates Last week." Everyone laughed and I was so so so so happy. I am happy that your little Finely has finally arrived. You will love it having a break.

ali said...

again....I am so jealous!

Roney Family said...

Yeah, what a big day. I think I might have cried each time our kids went. But then, I loved it. Good job finley!

Hey, the pregnancy is going fine. I am just looking forward to the END result. And I mean END. We are so done. This is the last one for sure. I am soooo tired.

LG said...

Chad, I have negotiated with Amy's dr. and arranged an inducement with a date of Dec. 28th, purely for tax purposes. But seriously, Amy is being induced on the 28th, and not for tax purposes, but for awesome dr. purposes. Good luck with you and yours!

Newmans said...

Isn't nursery the best!! Todd and I would trade off going to church each week toward the count down. Syndey was impossible to take to church before nursery!