Thursday, November 22, 2007

The New Science of "Thank You"

I read about this in a newsletter this week. The article said, "Recent studies have shown that people who focus on gratitude are healthier, they report fewer headaches and colds, are more active, pro-social, and are more compassionate. When people find something to appreciate everyday they are less materialistic."
The finding also show that grateful people are less depressive, anxious and are more likely to help others, "...they even get more sleep".

Who doesn't want to get more sleep! Being 8 months pregnant I would sleep all day long if my back didn't hurt, and my ribs didn't feel like they were going to pull apart like the thanksgiving wishbone. But I am "THANKFUL" that all of this discomfort will bring about a joyous result!

1 comment:

Abi said...

Cute little Turkeys! Your family is so beautiful. Good luck being pregnant..I hope the last month goes well!