Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

...I'm a kid and all I want to eat is candy. Just candy, candy, candy.
And the only really clear thought I have as a kid is get candy.

So this year when I heard the concept of Halloween my brain
could hardly even process the idea.

I was like, "What is this? What did you say?
Someone is giving out candy? Who's giving out candy?
EVERYONE WE KNOW
is just giving out candy?

"I gotta be part of this! Take me with you!
I'll do anything they want. . .
I can wear that.
(adapted from Jerry Seinfelds HALLOWEEN)

Well that's about how it went this year. Trick-or-Treating was a big hit at our house. I didn't really think that she would be that into it. But boy was I wrong. We only went to 5 houses but by the time we were done she was dragging her treat bag on the ground behind her it was so full. Right when we got home she climbed up on the chair and dumped it all out. She was in HEAVEN!
Oh, the joys of childhood.

These are some of her friends that we went with. We met up with a couple more along the way. I wouldn't say she completely understood the concept of trick-or-treating because she loved to put her candy in the other kids treat bags.

Some other fun things we did this week were going to the trunk-or-treat and carving a pumpkin. We LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!












A couple of Chick farmers and their Chick!

Finley and her friend Zadie




9 comments:

ali said...

I guess I am the loser that looks at your blog 16 times a day. Fin looks stinkin cute.

You guys nailed the farmer look. We somehow ended up looking like rodeo stars.

Amy Gelwix said...

I love it! That Seinfeld book is one of my favorite books....period. Anyway, I had the same thought about trick-or-treating but it went over the same at our house. Who was I kidding? I couldn't even keep up with Lucy! Fin looks perfect.

Roney Family said...

Adorable. She couldnt be a cuter chickie. Nice outfits for you and chad. Pregnant Farmer Amy, nice. Hope that Finley had a wonderful time!

Katie said...

So adorable, love it! we miss you

Tracy said...

Oh my! Can Finley get any cuter?! I check your blog so frequently just to see if there are any new adorable pictures of this child. How do you guys stand it?

brooklyn said...

a family could not possibly be cuter than you guys--oh my goodness. serious overwhelming cuteness.

Mandy said...

She's adorable. Mikaila was a ladybug! She loves trick or treating too!! I think I had more fun then she did. I love Halloween!
How is everything? Miss you guys

ali said...

Isn't saturday your blogging day? I was expecting some new material.

Abi said...

You have a little curly sue. I had no clue that she had such curly hair. She is so so so cute! I love seeing your pregnant photos. You should do a belly shot with finley kissing you belly or something. Is that too cheesy? I did that and loved it!