Monday, October 1, 2007

The Trade Off



Every Saturday for years Chad and I have argued about how to spend our one free day of the week. Chad thinks that Saturday is the day to do all of the housework and errands (When in reality I think by "housework" he means watch 6 hours of sports) . I say NO WAY! Saturdays are for fun and watching sports on TV is not fun! So after years of debate we have decided to compromise and make a couple of Saturdays a month days to get out and live.

One of our favorite spots is a place called Multnomah Falls. Its an incredible 400ft waterfall on the banks of the Columbia River. There is a trail that you can hike up that takes you to the top. If you ever come up to the Northwest we'll take you there! We spent last weekend up there hiking around. It was great to get out into nature and away from all the football games on TV!

11 comments:

Roney Family said...

How fun. Looks like you guys had a good time. I know the exaact debate you are talking about. Men and their sports. They just need to learn that we woman make the decision. The world would be a better place if woman were the leaders. Just teasing. Glad you had a good time. Finley is so adorable. So any boy names yet?

Tracy said...

Last weekend was beautiful weather too, eh? I think it may have been our last of the summer though because it seems that fall has finally begun in the Pacific Northwest this week. It's gettin' cold out there! I'm wearing a coat today (and my flipflops!)

chipsgirls said...

Chad,
I'm just glad that you feel comfortable being naked on the front page of your blog. Sorry we missed you. Hope to see you up there later this year. You guys live in one of the most beautiful places in the country!

brooklyn said...

what an advertisement for the NW--looks so amazingly beautiful! you look so beautiful pregnant, amy! that black and white of finley is precious--she is sooo cute!

Chelsea said...

Rob and I have those same conversations....every saturday! So glad to hear that sports on tv is not fun for EVERYONE! Anyway, we'll have to make that same compromise!!!!

ali said...

Looks like a fun outing. you look great, by the way. I hate you that when you get pregnant, you get blessed with growth in all the right places. (if you know what I mean)

Mandy said...

You look FaBulouS daRlinG!!! No it does seem like We've been gone forever. Finley is getting so BiG! Just dont have that baby before we get back :)

The Ringleader said...

Chad...my long lost lars erickson buddy. I am so glad that you found us! I am quite impressed with your blogstalking abilities. Your family is beautiful! Congrats on your darling daughter and your baby boy to be! Amy looks fabulous pregnant. Keep us updated on your happenings. Next time you are in town, we need to all get together. Rocky says hi and that he misses you. Also, until now he thought blogging was for "chicks". Thanks for making it more masuline.
April & Rocky

Molly Koch said...

Amy you look great!!! Any news on when you will be moving? I can't wait to hear names for this little guy! And to see you when I am home :) Love you guys

ali said...

wow. You guys are looking more popular! 9 comments...that might be a record!

chiggidy said...

Well hello! So much fun to read up and see how everyone is doing....

I LOVE Multonomah Falls, by the way. Best hike ever.

Hope all is well,
Court