Monday, December 14, 2009

A Christmas Story

The night before we went to see Santa, Fin saw a little bit of the movie, A Christmas Story. She saw the part where the Ralphie goes to see Santa and Santa puts his big black boot on Ralphies face and pushes him down the slide.

When I told her the next morning that we were going to see Jolly Old St. Nick, she got a panicked look on her face. She said "Mom, I don't want to see that man! He will put his boot on my face and kick me down." It took a little convincing before she decided she wanted to meet him.


We spent the afternoon Shopping in Cold, Cold Park City and then headed out to Find St. Nick. The line to meet him was SOOOOOO long! We waited for about 20 minutes and having not made much progress we bailed and headed to Macy's to mail him a letter instead, hoping that would satisfy her need to talk to Santa... well, it didn't, so we went to find another less-crowded Santa.


We found one and he had reindeer! Finley loved it. Tuck hated the idea of sitting on a strange looking strangers lap and cried his eyes out.
(90th S & State, Tree Lot)


5 comments:

Jenny said...

Look at you blogging again!

In case you were wondering, you were right? Nathan liked the second Santa he saw, but only because he got the candy cane first. The third one scared the $#!+ out of him.

ali said...

at least that's the only part of the Christmas story she remembers. Surely Jack would pick up all the Damns and Hells and S.O.B's.

Jen said...

Hey, did you ever do those wedding pictures??? I have been dying to see them, forgot about it then remembered again!!!! =) You know how my brain works...lol

Joseph and Virginia Cannon said...

We're sorry we aren't there to see all of this. What great fun!! It only happens once and it is something to always remember. Thanks for the great pictures and story byline. Love to all, Opa Joe und Oma Ginny

Steph said...

I love it! Cute pictures. Your kiddos are getting so big! I would love to see you. Check your email I am sending you a message..I lost your number!! Talk to you soon.