Melodie Beattie: "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Our morning was spent sipping mulled cider and devouring fresh baked orange rolls while watching the Macy's parade. My girlie and I made cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, maple glazed sweet potatoes and Italian stuffing. She helped to set the table and made oreo turkeys with her dad. Then 4:00 o'clock rolled around.

The truth is by the time we sat down to eat nothing tasted quite as good as I had hoped. The kids were hyper. They hadn't taken their afternoon naps. Chad returned from his aunts later than I had expected, which was ok, but the food I had spent the day preparing sat "warming" in the oven for 2 hours.
Unfortunately we had a house full of sickness and were not all able to celebrate with them.
Chad went and and brought us home some delicious turkey and ham.
I was exhausted by the end of the meal and ready for the day of thanks to be over. Before we took the kids up for bed we sat at the table to blow out the "birthday" candles. Fin sat on my lap and as I listened to the things she was thankful for I felt such an overwhelming love for her. Some days and nights she gives me a real run for my money. But last night in the midle of all of her random "thankens"(like blowing, strawberries, & bubbles, to name a few) I thought to myself, "I am so thankful for you".

2 comments:
It all looks delicious! I hope your family is feeling a little better today. Nothing like being sick on Thanksgiving!
dude, we got our flu shots 3 days before thanksgiving. 'nuf said.
Post a Comment