We have a tradition at our house of eating dinner by candle light during the month of November. I love it because it helps fade out all the distractions of a messy kitchen and instead illuminates the only things that really matter, good grub, my fella, girlie and little tank. Sometime during the course of the meal we mention some of the things that we were grateful for. Man does our girl love this tradition. She gets so excited for dinner. She has helped prepare every meal this month, sets the table each night, eats all of her dinner, gives thanks, and then comes the best part...blowing out the candles. The other night she said she was "granken" grateful for chickens (our candlestick holders are bronze turkey's). I love the little things that have brought happiness into our lives this month.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
you didn't make the cut, huh?
don't feel bad. when dad is around jack wants NOTHING to do with me.
We love the Happy Thanksgiving picture with all the things you are thankful for Finley. You did a terrific job. We also love the letter you sent us here all the way to Germany. We are so grateful for our grandchildren like you that make us smile and that we miss so much.
Grandma & Grandpa Ginny
Amy I think that is a great idea! I love her "granken for" picture!
Is that Jenny me or somebody else? I'm guessing it's probably Chad's stepmom, but hey, I can pretend right?
Jenny did you see that Holden made the cut!
I loved this idea. So I stole it. We tried it the other night and I am sold. Thanks for sharing such a great idea. It will be a tradition at our house forever!
Post a Comment