Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving {more} Thanks


She asked me last night if she could blow out the happy birthday cake.

This month I have witnessed an amazing amount of sensitivity develop in this little being. She can sense if I am sad worried frustrated or happy without me saying a word. If I'm sad she will go and get me a "blanklie" (blanket) and tell me, "You need a mommy." If I'm worried she will stroke my hair and quietly tell me, "Don't worry, OK." If I'm happy she is too, saying, "I so happy mom, I really happy too." She loves to whisper "I Love You" into my ear. Frequently she asks for her Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents (especially when she is sad, or hurt). Sometimes she'll ask me, "Mom, I sad, I want to cry." I'll say OK and she will cue the fake tears. Her favorite part of bedtime are the butterfly kisses she gets from her dad and climbing into her brothers crib and sleeping side by side with him under his covers. I love the little person she is becoming. So grateful she is mine.

1 comment:

ali said...

Aren't they just the best?!