October. This great month is finally here!
Charlie Brown
decorating pumpkins
caramel apples
fall colors
and trick or treating
Charlie Brown
decorating pumpkins
caramel apples
fall colors
and trick or treating
I grew up anticipating this holiday more than the rest. I LOVED watching Charlie Brown and dreaming up what my Halloween costume was going to look like. What the heck was I thinking the year I decided that the most awesome thing I could be was a California Raisin. (they were totally awesome. I do remember now that I watched that little clip!)
Chad can vouch for the validity of my stupidity, he was there. (I was in 5th grade and he just so happened to be my boyfriend at the time.) I mean come on! Did no one see the folly of my thinking. How ridiculous did I look wearing a giant black garbage bag stuffed with newspaper.
I should have gotten the hint when the 40th person asked"So what are you supposed to be?!"
"I'm a California freakin' Raisin!!! Can't you tell!!!! Giant sunglasses, white gloves, black tights, sneakers, and raisin-like garbage bag!"
Try keeping up with all of your friends trick-or-treating when you are waddling around town in such an artistic getup! Were they embarrassed by me, or were they really just that much faster? Mom, why didn't you stop me?

1 comment:
totally laughing at the imagery--love it!
Post a Comment