Wednesday, August 27, 2008

month in pictures

Here are some of the everyday escapades that we proudly call life.

Black eye. She fell off the chair while wearing a diaper on her head and cracked her right eye on the bar stool. Every time I tried to put the pack of frozen corn on her eye she would push it away and say, "Oh, thank you mom, thank you." Polite little thing even during a crisis. After her nap her eye was swollen shut.

Sopping wet & wearing a dishtowel. There is no hiding it in this shot... Our little girl is balding. She soothes herself to sleep by pulling her hair out. I find balls of it rolled up and thrown outside of her crib every morning and afternoon. Those Beautiful Curls!!! We've tried a "magic hat" that she can wear to sleep to help save the hair and struck out. Any other suggestions!??

She helped Tuck put his "hat" on while I was doing the laundry. She's a great babysitter I'm thinking about hiring her out on weekends. Any takers?

Artwork for our Missionaries in Germany. This is for you grandma & grandpa just in case I don't make it to the mailbox for a while. A package is in the works.

Bed time da... da... da... What a staller. You can never count on the mood she'll be in when it's time to go down. Some days she's sleepy, others she's feisty, last night she was silly, and last week she was hiding in a sea of stuffed animals. But you can count on one thing for sure, she will stall. "I need to pee", "I need milk", "One story, last time", "Twinkle stars", "rock' a' birdy", "waaaiiiiiittttt." Only once in a blue moon do we hear,"I tired...".

Invited her buds "Jacabug" (Jacob) and "Isabo" (Isabelle) over for dinner and Otter Pops.Playing @ "my park". This wonderful secret park is our favorite place to go at night. No one is ever there and we can let Wrig off the leash without worry. Fin knows exactly what turns we need to make in order to get to the park. So at least I'll know where to find her if she ever gets lost.

Water fight at Keely's during the August heat wave.


On rare occasion there is love... I think she was doing this for one of those "nummy, nice-cream cones"

6 comments:

Callie said...

Such beautiful babies!!!

ali said...

Here's my "I feel so sorry for you comment"....

who seriously has a sea of stuffed animals? I think we have two.

love the diaper heads.

looks like you guys are having fun up there!

Scott-n-Allison said...

My neighbor wrapped her fingers in band-aids each day to keep from pulling her hair out...and she was well into her 40s. She said it helped!

Tracy said...

Trichotillomania is obsessive hair-pulling. Look it up on Wikipedia if you want to know more. It might not be a bad idea to try to nip it in the bud now (before she's well into her 40s).

Green Acres said...

Amy call me...your cousin lol...Kristin, 801-465-9679 I have an idea for you!!

Melissa said...

It may not be Trich. my son does the same thing...its a comfort thing. Sorry Amy that the "magic hat" thing didn't work for you. Noah does it the most when he is sick. ;( If you find anything that works for Fin, let me know!!