I know I'm not the only one (because I have heard the same complaint from other moms) but why do my children turn into devil children at about 5pm? There are those days that bedtime cannot come quickly enough. But we still have dinner to make, dogs to be walked, baths to be taken, stories to be read and teeth to be brushed.
Some days it's enough to make a grown woman swear, and boy did I tonight. When I looked up at my microwave clock and it said 6:30pm, hot steam blew out of both ears and my face turned the color of the spaghetti sauce that I was stirring.
The decibel level was rising. Finley had just hit Tuck in the head with ANOTHER plastic baby toy and was now standing, no, dancing in and out of the naughty corner. I was in the kitchen tripping over the dog, while trying to strain the asparagus that Chad was going to complain about eating.
The house was hot, I was frazzled and where was the DAD!!! I'll tell you were he was not...he was not here in this horribly loud and chaotic kitchen.
So I called to give him a piece of my mind. Maybe next time I should pretend to call him and pretend to give him a piece of my mind. I mean all day every day things are not this out of control. Just everyday at 5pm. I loved what I read on this blog, tonight she wrote:
This is what they don’t tell you in those childbirth classes. The lamaze breathing really has nothing to do with childbirth. No, those deep breathing exercises are for later on in your child’s life and are to prevent your head from exploding when you see your child wipe their nose on your silk covered throw pillows.
In the future hun I will: wear a pair of earplugs, cook with a fan, separate the children into two different pack'n'plays, order takeout, hire a dog walker, take 10 deep breaths and ONLY as a last resort will I yell through the phone at you while you are carpooling your co-workers. I mean even I understand an earful of un-pleasantries does not make for a warm welcome home.

1 comment:
AMEN.
Post a Comment