Wednesday, June 25, 2008

attempt #23

Written so that one day I can look back and laugh.

our 23rd attempt to help our boy sleep through the night...

7:50 pm Tuck is in his own room sleeping like a baby.
9:15 pm Fin is in our room sleeping in the pack'n'play.
11:00 pm I head up to catch some ZZZZZ.
12:08 am The last time I look @ my clock before I FINALLY zonk.
3:48 am Tuck starts to cry. Chad goes in to comfort him (a new technique).
4:05 am Fin wakes up soaked from head to toe everything must be changed (somehow she removed her diaper without us knowing).
4:08 am Tuck still crying. Chad tries changing him.
4:09 am Fin back in the pack'n'play but crying to be let out, "I wet, I wet." Could there be any more "wet" in her after that last incident?!
4:11 am Fin in bed with us. Tuck still crying.
4:15 am Fin sitting up in bed having a full conversation with herself cause I'm "sleeping."
4:18 am Chad rummages through the diaper bag to find the binki "patiently comforts" our crying boy.
4:19 am Fin is put back in the pack'n'play but is crying pretty loud I shut the window and hope the neighbors can't hear us.
4:30 am Chad's back in bed. I'm back in bed. Both kids are screaming.
4:33 am Fin is put in her bed (but NEEDS! to be changed per her request) she cries for her sippy, Chad gives in. I quiet the baby who is still in his own bed.
4:40 am Everyone is in their own bed. The house is quiet.
4:42 am Tuck starts to cry. Fin calls for mom. Chad and I lay there and laugh but not really.
4:43 am I give in. I grab Tuck, ignore Fin. I nurse the baby put him to bed in the cradle at the foot of our bed.
5:06 am The house is quiet.
5:07 am Everyone is sleeping but me.
6:18 am I'm still awake staring at the ceiling fan, wishing the birds in our pear tree out back would die, and that the sun would fall out of the sky. Seriously, the sun comes up at 4:30 here... what's that all about?!
6:20 am I sneeze and wake the baby.

11 comments:

meg said...

You are so funny! I so know the feeling of "laughing but not really". I think it's something we have to perfect as parents. Hang in there and get some sleep tonight {hopefully}.

Callie said...

What a good reminder of what I have to look forward to!! Am I ready to go without sleep for the next few months?? Baby #3, here we come!

Sheri said...

Do what we do find a closet big enough and put the pack and play in it. It's dark and makes a great room. Good luck!

Abi said...

Being a parent is so much fun! Good luck with that! I do not envy you sister! Have you tried noise machines or fans? That is what I started using when the kids constantly woke each other up and it has been great.

Katie said...

so funny, but not! Oh I hate not getting sleep. If only they would just sleep through the night. I so feel your pain!!!!!

B said...

ooohhh we have a 4 am waker around here too! She is also usually up at 1am - we re-swaddle her and pop in her pacifier at 1 and try and try not to give in and nurse her at 4. Of course Carol is sleeping soundly for 10-12 hours per night just taunting us about all the z's the rest of us are missing.

Steph said...

okay...hits way too close to home! I swear my boys think it is funny to take turns being awake all hours of the night! Good luck with that! (let me know if you find something that works!!)

Bethany and Cameron said...

Okay, you are makin' me not wanna have any more children! One is just fine! That just sounds miserable--why is EVERYTHING worse after 12am??? I'm so sorry for you guys! I'm glad to hear Chad is a "team player"! What would we do without good hubbies???

Admin said...

Yup, I can totally relate, I hate nights like that! Frickin Hilarious entry. Miss you guys!

roo

Ashley Shepherd said...

Amy,
That's exactly how it was with Jefferson and Sarah for the first little while. You seriously do have to just laugh because it just keeps getting better. Love ya
Ashes

Newmans said...

It seriously feels like you are the only one in the world going through so much grief until you read someone elses blog who is doing the same things with their kids as you are with yours! Good to know, but sorry to hear!