Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Swears like a sailor


Although not intentional this sweet little thing is notorious for making me blush in public. I love that she is learning to talk and express herself but I constantly find myself having to either do some quick translating or talk over her so loudly that people can't make out what she is saying. Here are a couple of examples of the word blunders I'm talking about which are usually preceded by "I want..." :

sit = s#@!
button = butt
fox = ...you get the picture

Not to mention her growing need to announce to the world over and over every time she has a messy diaper.

Yesterday was yet another perfect example of a red-faced mom trying to hush an overzealous child... We were at the Comcast store which may as well have been the DMV. It was a 45 min wait and the lobby was packed with impatient customers. Lucky for them we were there for some comic relief. As soon as I had parked the stroller my little sailor spouted out, "I sit, I sit, I sit..." probably close to 20 times loud enough for everyone to hear. It sounded nothing like what she was trying to say and more like a terrible curse word. I couldn't make her stop. I tried desperately to distract her with crackers, fruit snacks, her sippy, anything. People were cracking up but that was only the beginning. I had stuffed her so full of snacks that she unleashed the loudest belch I've heard followed by an even louder "toot" which she proudly acknowledged, "I TOOT! I TOOT!" Then came the announcement of the messy diaper. Is there no end to the madness! I tell ya the only thing I had going for me was the fact the Tucker stayed sound asleep the entire time.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Okay..that kills me, she is hilarious!! Noah is 3 and I still have to explain to people or walk really fast when I know certain words are coming out! Isn't it fun!!! Steph

Tracy said...

When Lucas was 2, his version of "Frog" sounded like the F-word. It was pretty funny.