Thursday, January 3, 2008

It Can Be Done...

well i did it, my first whole day all by myself. i dropped my mom off at the airport on tuesday afternoon and thought, how am i going to manage two kids all day on my own. finley is as crazy as ever. chad says that her hair is an reflection of her attitude for the day. by the looks of it you can see just how crazy she was today. her two favorite words were, no,no! tucker is nowhere near sleeping through the night, and sleep deprivation does not suit me well. a friend told me that when she was raising her two children she was so exhausted she thought he was going to die. she called her mom up and her mom told her, "oh hun, you're not going to die, your gonna just wish that you did!" by 5 o'clock i was ready for rescue. i know i am not alone when it comes to struggling with the difficulties and joys of motherhood. but please God grant me with a solid three hour block of sleep!

7 comments:

A said...

Hey... I was reading a comment left on my blog by Cousin Bethany and I eventually ended up here on your blog. Congrats on your new baby! Its nice to see that I'm not the only one who is sleep deprived. Although we do have our twins on a 4 hour schedule. If we can get them to gain more weight we might be able to stretch it a little more, but we will see how that goes! Ill be checking back to see how it goes!
- Alan McHood

Tracy said...

You'll feel more sane when Tucker starts sleeping through the night. Hopefully that will happen in not too many weeks from now! Sleep deprivation is so awful because it gets worse with time. Anyone can handle one bad night, but not sleeping through the night for months on end? It really sucks. I hope it doesn't go on too much longer for you.

Mandy said...

hey if you need a nap let me know. You can always drop Fin off for a play date with Mikaila and tap a nap when Tucker does. I'm here whenever you need me dont hesitate to call!!!!

Katie said...

Oh Amy I am Sooooo Sorry! I know sleep deprivation but I don't know having a second child that is crazy busy. But one day I will be in your shoes I am sure of it. I sure wish we lived close I would love to take them both to give you a nap. I don't mean to tell you that so you will get sad but I feel the pain-SLEEP IS SO NEEDED and I Would love to help!!!

This to shall pass hang in there!

Steph said...

sounds like you have your hands full you poor girl! my prayers are with you!!! it looks like you had a great holiday. it was probably great to have your moms help for the short time she was there! i hope to talk to you soon. Good luck in your new adventure!
Love Steph

Molly Koch said...

i feel for you. camiron didn't start sleeping through the night... not even close until about 9 months. And Braden still gets up plenty. everyone said that having kids 18 mo apart is fun a little later on... i am still waiting for that to start. i have decided 2 is hard for everyone, but having them this close is something only a few of us really get. Call me if you ever need to vent. I promise it does get easier. b/c cam was a week overdue, my mom was only here for 2 days after i got home from the hospital... and we are all still alive- sort of :) hang in, and I will say some prayers for you. no matter what, if they sleep at the same time... sleep. nothing else matters! We love you guys.

Abi said...

Amy--it is hard to be in the stage of not sleeping and a toddler competing with a new baby! I hope that he starts sleeping through the night soon! As soon as the dr gives the ok I would cut him off of night feedings--that is the only way I could get Kate to sleep through the night after she stopped sleeping in her swing (which worked so well). That is so true that you will wish you had died after not sleeping! Your family is so good to you, coming to see you all of the time! You have a great support system. Like Katie--I wish I lived closer to help you out!