Today we made a great attempt to bring some Christmas Cheer to our home for the holidays. We started with the annual tradition of picking out the "perfect tree" and this is how it went...
...Unfortunately there was nothing, cheerful or perfect about this wonderful Christmas tradition. I actually told her, "Stop screaming, you're ruining Christmas!!!" I'll admit it was not one of my best moments.
I thought things would smooth over once we got the tree home and loaded it with beautiful sparkly ornaments. I quickly realized what an impossible task it will be to keep the tree from getting destroyed. I told her nicely over a dozen times I am sure of it, to please leave the ornaments alone!
After the 12th time I lost some of the niceness and changed my plea to a command, DON'T TOUCH!!! Again, not one of my better moments. Tell me honestly though is there anything easy about getting through to a teething 18 month old.
I think Fin sat still for about 1 minute the whole day while she "Happily" ate a candy cane.So far our home is BRIMMING with CHRISTMAS CHEER! Wishing you and your family a holiday season filled with love!!! ( keyword wishing)!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Christmas Cheer and Traditions
Posted by
Amy
at
12/01/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I found your blog through A taylors! So fun to see your little Girl! I vote Tucker or Max. So exciting that you have a little boy on the way!
Fun to see you! Rob and Chelsea Wood
I am glad to see you result to candy to bring the cheer back into the home. It works for Chad too, right?
what's up with 18 days to go? Aaahhhhhhhh!
I wish I had so useful mothering words of advice. But I dont. Other then, DONT EXPECT MUCH. I have learned not to expect much. My kids all play with them all the time. So I learned to say no, but put the low ones that I dont care about. Good luck. Enjoy the christmas spirit.
I loved the pictures and commentary it brought back a flood of memories of doing the same thing with the family. It is great to see you doing the same things with a smile on your face Give Finley a big hug and kiss from Grandma Cindy!!!!
That's so funny! I think that the "terrible two's" start when they're one. At least, they have for Victoria! Your description of Finley's behaviour hits really close to home for me right now. I deal with the same stuff every day. Strong-willed children make the best adults though, right?
totally made me laugh out loud! i wish i didn't relate so much, but i'm that way times two!
That entry was hilarious...it's the first time I haven't seen Finley absolutely beaming on your blog....glad to see that she is normal. I wish you guys were coming to SLC for Navidad.
Post a Comment