
If anyone is confused about when and/or where we're moving... take a number. In the last 6 months or so my work has changed their mind 3 times about whether or not we're moving. If you would have asked me two weeks ago if we were moving I would have said, "Yep, 99.9% sure it's a done deal. We're headed to SLC." However, that assurance I got from work has since changed and the new message is that we're staying in Portland. As gorgeous as it is up here I have to admit I was really looking forward to being around family and friends again... plus with a 2nd baby on the way and a couple of teenage nieces I was looking forward to some babysitting a-la-family-discount. When we originally found out we were moving (or so we thought) it looked like we'd be home to see the Utes have yet another schizophrenic season in which they qualify for a bowl game (and win giving us hope of greater things next year) but basically play 500-ball with a couple of big wins but also a few head-scratching losses. Instead now we're lost in Pac-10 country where schools of any consequence are hours away and who can root for a team with uniforms as ugly as Oregon? Or the other possibility is Oregon State who handed the Utes their first loss of the season (plus a few devastating injuries). So if you're looking for us anytime soon you'll find us in Oregon... under an umbrella... with wet socks... walking a dog with muddy paws... wondering if work is going to change their mind again. Oh yeah, one more thing, our house is still for sale. Selling it will make us more nimble (that's something I haven't been called in quite a while).
Friday, October 12, 2007
Home Sweet Home?
Posted by
Chad
at
10/12/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I caught the first part about work and moving, but you lost me somewhere in the middle with all that sports talk.
Truth be told...I am glad you guys are staying because it gives us more time to save our pennies and come up for a visit. Wet socks and muddy feet sound fun for a change!
I started skimming in the sports section too. Sorry, Chad, not really interested. But, I am in favour of you staying put in Portland.
Sounds like we need to recruit some male readers for ole Chad.
I thought you were going to surprise us by saying you were moving back to good old Aliso Viejo!!
Chad, this is Lance Sorenson. On dit quoi? Send you e-mail address to lsorenson@winhas.com. I think you are quite nimble.
Post a Comment