Saturday, September 15, 2007

No Way...I did it!

I feel like I have just finished a marathon. I 've read over 1,700 pages in the past 2 weeks and I have to admit, I loved it! Mind you it wasn't the most stimulating reading ever, but goal accomplished.

I told myself that I was going to FINISH 1 entire book by the end of the summer, and now I have finished 3. This is no small feet by my standards. What next, maybe a little house work, after 2 weeks of slacking it sure could use it. (I'm told that I have to teach myself the concept of moderation.)

If anyone has some great recommendations for a book that they have just loved, send them my way. I may be about 25 years late but I tell you this reading thing has turned into one of my new favorite pastimes.

4 comments:

ali said...

I am so proud of your literary accomplishments! Don't you feel smarter already?

I am just wondering if Edward has taken over Chad's thoughts, yet?!

Tracy said...

You know that James and I love to read. One of my favourite books of all time is "Wild Swans" by Jung Chang. Also "Family" by J. California Cooper, "There are no chldren here" by Alex Kotlowitz, "The Chosen" by Chiam Potok, "An American Chidhood" by Annie Dillard, "Potiki" by Patricia Grace,

Oh wait, you said you like fantasy/sci-fi type stuff, right? Um, have you ever read "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury? Actually, James is more of an expert in this genre. He could give you a lot of good picks. I'm more into historical fiction.

Roney Family said...

So I am guessing you read Twilight? I am in love with those books. They are amazing. It has got me so into reading lately. Wish I could recommend a good book to you. But for now, I am back to reading twilight.

brooklyn said...

you have inspired me! i don't know how mom's find so much time to read, but i will try harder.

tracy is right--"wild swans" is amazing. i go to goodreads.com for recommendations.