Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Little Surfer Girl

Every day is a new adventure with this little girl. She is fearless, crazy, and more reckless than ever. Its a miracle how durable these little creatures really are.

I remember how worried I was with her in the beginning. Every little movement made with care. If only knew what was in store. In one afternoon she hit her lip on the rocker which immediately started to swell and bleed, banged into the corner of the door while she was running at full speed, and touched the oven door while it was open (no serious damage done there thank goodness) when I was taking the french bread out.

Sometimes I swear I witness these accidents in slow motion. Most times I can't seem to move fast enough to help her avert the danger. Bottom line is the kid never sits still!! Do boys really have more energy then this? Some days I don't know how I will keep up with 2 of them.

4 comments:

ali said...

how do you child proof an oven? we are having the same problems over here.

Tracy said...

We had the same problem with Lucas and we bought one of those "safety latches" for the oven which was not only a total annoyance, but also a complete waste of money. He just ripped the thing off after a few days.

Roney Family said...

She is so cute. I know what you mean about kids getting into things. I child proofed for Madison and Ella. And with Peyton, I just learned to say no more. I cant stand trying to figure out on my own how to open things with the child proof locks. Good luck with that one.

Mandy said...

I miss you! I wish I was in Oregon she we could have play dates with the girls. They would have so much fun together. I hope your still there when I come home. Hope your doing well with the pregnancy.