Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat


So far I am loving the holidays with a kid just old enough to understand that Halloween is one of the greatest nights in "kid life". She laughed and skipped to and from each house. Hauling an overflowing bag of goodies. Once she got the hang of the routine this is how it would go;

Bing bong

Fin: "Trick or treat, hurry!" (As if to say, lets get this show on the road. Load me up. I've got more houses to hit before the night is over. Once she snagged some loot she would take off skipping and laughing to the next door and occasionally yell back a "thank you" or "Happy Halloween" as she left.)

Other favorites from the night;

While still at the door: "Ahhhhh mom, that monster scareded me, dAAAAAAaaaaaaaaad!" (in reference to a bald gentleman who answered the door, not in costume)

Chad: "Fin, you're working really hard." (He said as she strained to heave her candy-filled bag over her shoulder like a purse.)
Fin: "No dad, I working candy!"

"No Tuck, NO! It's my candy... IT'S MINE!"

On Saturday, the day after Halloween Fin and I went out for a walk in the rain. When we were headed home we approached a "grandma" in a dark pancho headed toward us.

Fin: "AHHHHH mom a WITCH, mom lookout a WITCH!!!"
Me: "Shoosh Fin, be quiet!" (as the woman nears)
Fin: "No mom lookout, a WITCH!!!"
Me: (As we meet the woman) "I'm so sorry..."
Witch: "That's OK I've been called worse."

trick-or-treating

ward trunk-or-treat
she was so excited to show her friend "Izo" (the bunny) her costume


3 comments:

Callie said...

Hilarious!! I just read this post to Steve, what a funny girl!! So cute!

Mandy said...

Her costume seriously is so cute!! You were very creative. Shhhh mom a witch, love that! She's going to get you in trouble one of these days...lol

Amy Gelwix said...

I love the costumes! And I will plan on Jane and Tuck meeting up later. We need some brown eyes in our family! Love to your family from ours...