Friday, September 19, 2008

"I Flinny Cannon, me."


What she has been hearing lately
(I say these phrases so often that characters in my dreams have started repeating them) :


  • Don't pee in that. It's a strainer.
  • If you hit him with that __(insert object of choice)__ you are going to be in big trouble.
  • I love you.
  • When he cries that means he doesn't like it.
  • In the naughty corner, now!
  • I love you.
  • I need a break.
  • Do you need to go potty? If you try, I'll give you a treat.
  • Did I say I love you already. Will that balance out all the negatives if I say it enough!?

What I've been hearing:


  • I Flinny, mom. I Flinny Cannon, me.
  • I so glad mommy. I so happy, me.
  • One, two, free, four, sick, seven, eek, nine, two...
  • You listen to me right now, Amy. (Yes, word for word. Hum... Maybe I should say that phrase a little less. And yes she does call me by my 1st name.)
  • Tucky, Tucka.
  • Fin: Whachoo doing mommy? (She asks as she peers down off her bar stool)
  • Me: I'm cleaning up a pee mess. (As I mop the floor in frustration.)
  • Fin: Oh thank you mommy.
  • Me: You're welcome.
  • Aah cute mommy, I love you.

(as "Cinrenna")

(as "Belle")

(as "Sleeping Beautiful")

*dresses gifted to her by our friends-thanks guys.

8 comments:

The Cannonballs said...

funny cinrenna and sleeping beautiful. she calls you by your first name, wow. im flinny cannon, me, funny

bryn

The Eberhardts said...

actually sounds a lot like what is said around our house. throw in a few gentles and anything about stinkys don't go in our pants, and we could be neighbors. if only!

ali said...

how many princess outfits were bought at disneyland? funny thing is...jack has, and likes, all the same ones.

I can't believe how much she's talking! Girls are so much smarter than boys. I keep telling that to Troy!

Angi said...

She really is a princess!

Scott-n-Allison said...

SOOOO glad those dresses have found a happy owner. She looks great in them...she is awfully stinkin' cute!

Hate it when you hear your own words coming out of their mouths, eh? Mine are always saying "What did I say?" with that tone of voice I always use. Ugh...must repent and find kinder words!

Mandy said...

Mikaila would be very jealous of those dresses...too cute! potty training isnt it fun...yeah right!

Carrie said...

It's comments like those (the "thank you, i love you")that our kids make that make you think "how could i ever stay mad at you!?" She's so cute!

Burke family said...

That's awesome! She is a spunky little one, huh? You gotta love how quickly they pick up on all of the things we don't want them too. :)