Saturday, October 20, 2007

Family Photo Flop...

It's hard enough when taking family pictures to have everyone in the photo smiling, eyes open and looking at the camera. Add to that an uncooperative mother nature and you've got trouble... and one frustrated Mom with unyielding expectations. This weekend we tried to take our yearly family portrait, but it just wasn't happening. I found everyone semi-matching clothes that fit (I realize I'm quickly growing out of everything but my bathrobe, and who wears those out in public). I planned the photo shoot during "happy hour", you know the one hour between lunch and nap time. I thought of a great location and loaded up the car. The only thing I didn't take into account was the sun. I mean come on!!!! How often is the sun out in Portland and BLAZING down it brightest rays? Typical gray skies would have been perfect lighting but no, we might as well have been standing under a fluorescent heat lamp. Also try looking cute after setting an auto timer and running into place while 7 months pregnant. At least Chad's so easy going and in love with the idea of taking family pictures, RIGHT?! Well the proof is in the pudding. This is what we got!


4 comments:

ali said...

Not to mention trying to photograph a one year old. Does yours have selective hearing like mine? I swear when I call Jack's name he looks everywhere but at me!

At least you guys looked good and were at a super cute farm!

Tracy said...

You should get a friend to take them for you. I have a friend who takes great pictures of my family for me.

Tracy said...

The only problem is she lives in Portland.

Molly Koch said...

i am laughing ...... maybe we should get together and take pictures of each other next year since our yearly pics come at the same time :) you look great by the way!